background

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

BFF

This weekend we went to St. George. St. George is always a nice gettaway... sun, swimming, and Craig's parents make it worth the drive. This trip, however, was extra fun because I got to see one of my favorite people in the whole world. Melissa and I met in hygiene school and she has been one of my dearest friends ever since. Every Thursday night we would get together and make dinner and watch Friends. Sometimes we'd have a lot of friends join us and sometimes it was just the two of us, but nothing ever got in the way of our Thursday night ritual. It was totally ironic that after 2 years of Thursday night Friends parties that the finale was on the night we took our boards. It really was the end of an era. We had our diplomas, Ross and Rachel had each other, Monica and Chandler were off to the suburbs and we were all off to new jobs, states and our grownup lives. I have so many good memories of Melissa. We had lots of fun "studying" which is code for laughing until you can't breathe or stay awake any longer. Melissa is the funniest gal I know. I don't know if I would have survived school and my first time away from home without her. We had lots of good vent sessions and figured lots of hard stuff out. She's a true friend and I'll always look back on the good old days and laugh.


Thursday night Friends! Mmm..purple ketchup?

A trip to Vegas after surviving finals! What happens in Vegas...

Now.

Our little guys. Just 5 months apart!

2 comments:

carolee said...

How fun! Girlfriends are the BEST!!!

Marrott Family said...

Janae-! I had no idea you posted a tribute to us!!! You only know the feeling is mutual girl-!!! I will always have a spot in my heart for you & our fond & not so fond memories!!! "Friens" was destined to end when school ended!! I'm so glad that we keep in touch!!! You were the highlight of my St. George trip and I'm thinking it needs to become a ritual!!! LOVE YOU!