background

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Coupons are the bomb!!!!

Last week I went to a coupon class at my friend's house. Craig was questioning my motives when I told him I needed him to watch Hunter while I attended a "coupon class." I think he suspected me of running off to Wendover with our savings or having a secret boyfriend. I was pretty sure he'd never let me live that down until tonight when I returned home from my first coupon shopping trip. Grand total savings....$154.69. That's more than I even spent! I have to admit I felt a little like super mom as a small crowd gathered at my register to watch my total plunge as the cashier scanned my coupons. I even got a "You go girl!" Hurray! Our little family may finally have a little food storage and not to mention a little extra cash!



My loot!


Cha-ching!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Holy Smokes, I need you to tell me how you did that? Derek would be so proud...seriously.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness!! What is your secret? Did you get 500 copies of the newspaper for the coupons? I've been trying to coupon for a while- but DANG- you must know something I dont!!

carolee said...

Nice! Did you end up ordering 3 newspapers? Also, did you find a good deal on the paper? I called and they quoted me $50 for a sunday subscription. Yay for extra cash!!

Ashley said...

i always hear of people that save crazy amounts like that but i have no idea how. you need to fill me in on the secret, that is amazing.

Jenny said...

I agree with the other comments.. where do we find these 'coupon' classes?!

The Lyon's said...

Okay I think you need to have a class for the rest of us to let us in on the secret.

Abby and Eric said...

Janae, you would be so proud of me. I learned how to use the stupid x-ray holders! Tan told me about this coupon adventure. She needs to teach me so I can save some money1

Hess Fam said...

Teach me!! I have just been trying to figure this all out. I say you have a class now!!!

Marrott Family said...

Janae-!!! Please post an online version of the coupon class!! We are all wanting that "you go girl" at our checkstands also!!!

tanya said...

Love it. I guess once I try it first then I won't feel so over whelmed by the whole thing cause I most definitly am going to save!

Jenny said...

Ok, seriously. Tell us the secret!

SHARE THE LOVE!

Genesis said...

Wow good job girl that is awesome how are you and erin doin I know you see her more then I do again we need to get together? Call me or email me sometime we call hang out gen

Ku'uipo said...

YAY! Good for you. Like I said, you will definitley have A LOT of food storage and your grocery bill will definitely drop drastically! It's addicting! Congrats on a great trip...WHOO HOOO for coupons!