background

Sunday, November 9, 2008

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!!!!

So tonight was officially the worst night of mine and Craig's lives. I don't mean that sarcastically, it really was. Today started out as any normal day; hanging out in our pj's until the last possible second before getting ready for church, teaching primary, and then coming home to get ready to go to G&G Q's for a yummy Sunday dinner. That's when it happened. Hunter was playing on our bed and laughing having a good time when he fell and smacked his face on the sharp edge of our footboard. Craig and I felt totally sick. He was bleeding so bad we couldn't even tell wear it was coming from and the poor little guy was screaming so hard. I hate even thinking about it again. I have never seen so much blood and it wouldn't stop! Within seconds we were in the car on the way to the ER. I don't know how many red lights Craig ran, but he definitely pulled out some insane driving skills to get us there fast. Poor little Hunter had to be strapped in a papoose board while they numbed, cleaned out and stitched up a cut above his eye and on his nose. He was so brave. Craig and I were a wreck. We had a great doctor who was so informative and kind to tell us exactly what to expect (babies don't like being strapped to a board and poked with needles, he warned us to expect a lot of screaming). He did a great job with Hunter. We also had a great nurse whose Donald Duck impression could even get a 1 year old with a split open face to laugh. Craig was the perfect husband and was super strong to hold me when I needed to cry. Thanks to my mom and dad for coming down to the hospital to be there for us. Craig and my dad were able to give Hunter a blessing before he went in to have his stitches. I was so glad for that. I love the priesthood and what it can do. Hunter didn't have a concussion and other than some possible scarring, he should heal up just fine. Craig and I on the other hand are going to need a lot of prozac and counselling. I hate, hate, hate seeing my baby suffer so much. Worst night ever!

17 comments:

Rat Fam said...

Oh- I am sad! I know that feeling as well and I read this it brings me to tears knowing what you are going through! Such a sickening feeling inside! He will heal with a great story to tell someday!

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...

Oh man! I totally relate. One second everything's great, then bam you're in a crisis. He probably won't even remember this whole thing tomorrow. He's so little he probably won't have scars either. I know you will remember, but I hope you won't carry any scars ;)

Jen said...

Oh Janae! Im so sorry! Poor little guy! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

PNRBAC said...

OOOOOOOHHHHH SORRY!! That just sealed the deal. I have been looking for a new bed frame, and wondering whether or not to get the kind with the footboard...no thanks. So sorry widdle Hunter! Head wounds bleed like CRAZY - I bet it was scary. Good luck healing!

tanya said...

That was a hard blog to read with tears in my eyes. I can only image what you went through. I would be a wreck as well. I am so sorry one good thing is that hunter is a good baby so hopefully he will beat right through this. I am so scared of olivia get hurt like this. You never know with kids huh?! Take care.

Emily said...

Oh Man, that sound traumatic. My worst fear is something happening to my kids, pain, suffering, the list goes on. I'm glad he's OK and hope that you will be too!

Erin Stones said...

Wow, that definetely looks like a nasty fall. I am glad to hear that he is okay now. I definetely think it is harder on the parents than the kid. Liberty had to take an ambulance ride when she was 11 months old after she fell out of her high chair and landed on her head. Jake was gone and unreachable and I didn't know what to do being at home alone- so I called 911 and they sent an ambulance right away. I was sure that they were going to take me to jail for not being a good enough mom, not to mention every possible BAD thing went running through my mind as I sat there holding Liberty and waiting for the ambulance to arrive. Scariest night of my life- so I totally understand what you mean. BTW- I got the ggiraffe costumes at Babies R' Us. And tell your parents to go and look at our link on our blog for the pics we just had taken of the girls in their UTE Cheer uniforms. I think he'll really shed a tear for that one!

us said...

Oh my goodness!! Poor little guy!! I cant even imagine how stressful that would be for you guys.. ugh! That sucks! Hes so cute, even with his little battle wounds and stitches.. Ive come to realize what an amazing crutch the priesthood is, its really such a comfort.. especially with the little ones and the unexpected accidents.. Im glad everything turned out ok!

Malissa said...

I know I already said something to you, but POOOR HUNTER! I don't think that I could have handled it either.

Jenny said...

That is the saddest thing I have ever seen!

Rosies said...

oh so sad!! Isn't that the worst feeling ever!! I hate when they get hurt!! I am so sorry I didn't come to your coupon night. I didn't have a sitter. I wanted to come so bad though. How do you do it? Do you go to different websites?? or get newspapers? What do you do?

Jann said...

Nothin' quite like having a little monkey down and out for the count! Glad he'll be all right!

Kim said...

So sorry about Hunter, I am sure that was very traumatic for you and Craig. I am sure it hasn't slowed him down one bit though, kids are so tough

Jenny said...

Ouchie, I'm so sorry that happened! Poor little guy. And I can't even imagine how hard that must have been on you and Craig! Sending you my HUGS!

Genesis said...

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better how is doing?

Marrott Family said...

Janae-!! I am so sorry to hear about Hunter!! I think those moments have happened to each of us and I'm sure by having boys we will see lots of stitches!!! Chad had over 11 broken bones when he was a kid, so I'm hoping that Chase doesn't have the same 'no fear' that his daddy did!! We are hoping ourselves that the possible scarring on Chase's face will fade!! Love you girl!! Hang in there!!

Nate & Lindsey said...

I heard a tiny bit at work but I didn't realize how sad! I hope his is doing okay. I think that you guys did great, I don't know if I would have been able to get to the hospital. Good job guys. Feel better hunter.