background

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tubes

After continuous ear infections, Hunter finally got tubes. He was also a little tongue tied, so we had his tongue clipped too. We figured now was a better time since he would already be under general anesthesia and wouldn't have to remember any of the unpleasantness. He was such a trooper. The nurse who brought him back to me after the surgery said he was the best baby they had ever had and she didn't want to give him back(Hunter was giving her some good snuggling). Recovery was nothing. Not even his tongue seemed to bother him. Hopefully we'll be seeing the docotor and the pharmacist a whole lot less now!

This is my groggy baby watching his favorite show, Little Einstiens, shortly after we got home from his surgery.

5 comments:

Malissa said...

What a good boy! I am so glad that things went so well...and we even had the time off for you to do it! Hooray for Hunter!

Erin Stones said...

Poor littel guy! Tubes will probably be a huge help! Hannah has had a bunch of ear infections already- but I think that we are starting to come out of that phase! We haven't had one for about a month now, so hopefully we will be able to avoid ever getting tubes! He looks so big!

tanya said...

I am glad hunter did well. It will sure be nice on you guys too. Looks like he had a blast in St. George too. He is so cute. We need to get together and have a play date. By the way Olivia is doing much better thanks for asking. That was an experience I never want to go through again. It can sometime just brake our heart when our children go through some rough times. Now on to the next stage RIGHT?! :)

carolee said...

Yahoo for tubes!! I'm so glad that Hunter did so well. He's such a sweetheart!!

The Liddell Bunch said...

It is so fun to see your cute little boy. When my daughter Anna had her tonsils out last summer she was amazing. They said she would be tired and sleep most of the day but instead she stayed up and was jumping on my neighbors trampoline within hours. They are tough little things. We will have to get together sometime. I think we live really close to each other. Are you still working? I don't hear much about the old crowd now that my mom and dad live in Cedar.