background

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family Trip to San Francisco



Friday we went to San Francisco with my parents, Ross and Gina, and Clayson. We had so much fun. It was nice to have Clayson back since it had been 2 years since we last saw him. Also, we have added two members to our clan (Gina and Hunter) while Clayson was away. We had some serious family bonding and made some memories we will still be laughing about in 20 years. Here are some of the highlights.






We hung out on the pier at Fisherman's Wharf. Hunter love the sealions and all the birds. He can do a perfect seagull call.






Later that day we rented bikes and rode 8 miles over the golden gate bridge and down into Saulsalito. This was Hunter's first bike ride and he loved riding in his little yellow coach. He yelled "weee!" for the first few miles and then fell fast asleep. We were totally proud of grandma and grandpa for making it up some killer hills. I'm not sure their rears have recovered yet from this big outing.













While biking on the pier, we ran in to this crazy crew. They made me laugh so hard I had to snap a picture. This is some kind of segeway class. They had an instructor who would call out directions to them, "Turn right, do a complete circle, speed up! You are all so wonderful and doing great! Good job!" They reminded me of the police on their motorcycles in a parade doing their various formations. Some were more skilled than others.






I thought this was a cute picture of Clayson and Hunter on Lombard Street. Although Clayson is slowly adjusting to non-missionary life (he routinely wakes up at 7am, keeps talking in portugese, etc.) he has given up the white shirt and tie. This is a picture taken after church so that is why he has resorted back to his mission garb. Look where Hunter's hand is.










Hunter loves to smell flowers...

...and step on them.








Hunter "monkeying" around in Chinatown.













Hunter the ladies man!
















Who's that wierdo hding behind the seals?....that would be Ross.

7 comments:

Nicol said...

It looks like you all had such a wonderful time there! We were in San Francisco in 2003 and loved it. I remember a fabulous park near the golden gate bridge with a Japanese Garden. We also headed down to San Jose to visit the Winchester house. It is suppose to be haunted.

I really enjoyed Chinatown too. I wish that we could have spent more time except we had ticket to Alcatraz and only could spend a short period of time there.

I think it is even neater that you were able to spend it with your family. I love family vacations. We don't go on too many. I think the last one was actually to San Francisco.

Great pics!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, what I fun trip! I LOVE San Francisco...I would love to go there at least once a year, if not more!! Biking over the bridge to Sausalito sounds really cool...you're family is so cute and fun!

Jann said...

We went to San Francisco last summer and it was a great trip. We spent most of our time in town at Fisherman's Wharf (I have some very similar pictures of the sea lions). Chinatown kind of freaked me out, though. I saw this whole rack of license plates for sale. I wanted to write some down and run them at work to see if they'd been reported stolen, but a) I'm technically not allowed to and b) I didn't have anything to write with. I think my favorite part was watching the fog roll in over the Bridge, and the fact that we all had to buy sweatshirts even though it was August! It was a nice break from the heat. Plus, it's kind of weird to see your brothers all grown up and your son is cute (love the hand in the pocket!)

Hess Fam said...

Looks like a blast!! I love San fransisco!! Tell everyone hi!

carolee said...

I know I've said it a thousand times, but I simply cannot believe that Clayson grew up! Isn't he still supposed to be in elementary school? I'm so glad you guys had a fun time in San Fran. Its such a great place. I hope you ate some Ghiradelli chocolate for me!!

Dani Brems said...

Holy cow. Look at Clayson- all grown up. How does that happen. Remember when I was totally cool and turning 16 at that stake dance and guess who danced with me? Thats right, cute little Clayson. You guys are awesome!

Quigley Family said...

Weeeeeee will never be the same after San Francisco. Listening to Hunter squeal Eeeeeeeeee while riding in circles on the bike ride still makes me giggle. Grandkids are the best! Hang in there all you young moms!