background

Monday, March 9, 2009

Bitter and Sweet

Last week Kellie and I met at the library for "toddler time." The kids were so cute trying to sing the nursery songs and attempting the actions that went with. Our two babies, Hannah and Maddie, just stared and tried to take it all in. They all had a blast during playtime. Hunter and Hallie preferred the little canvas tubes they could crawl through, while Hannah and Maddie went wild with a piece of paper. Kellie and I had fun catching up and laughing at our kids. What a perfect day...right? It totally was until Kellie got home and found they had been robbed while we were gone! Why are people so nasty? I don't know if it was the best or the worst luck that Kellie decided to go out that morning. Eww, it just makes me so mad that rotten things happen to the best people.
To end this post on a good note, this is Hunter refusing to get ready for bed.
Posted by Picasa

That's right. He's singing "Ring Around the Rosies." He was doing this all by himself for 10 minutes while I was chasing him around with a pair of pj's. I finally decided this was way cuter than going to bed on time and grabbed the camera. Hunter, stop growing up so fast! Mommy can't get enough of these precious moments.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Darn those nasty people...I hope they didn't take too much. It's probably good they weren't there, you just never know.
So Hunter singing is absolutely adorable, my favorite part is when he carries the blanket around with his TEETH! And then what I think was a kiss for you at the end, is he an angel or what?! I loved watching that, especially since we didn't see him during our visit. Kids are the best!

The Lyon's said...

I think that song is one of his fav. during nursery. Its so much fun having him there.

Erin Stones said...

That really sucks! I live in fear of things like that- which is why we have a security system on our house, despite my husband's wishes! I'll be more careful the next time I go to the library, that's for sure!

carolee said...

I'm so glad that Kelly was with you and that she was safe. People sure can be awful, can't they?! We sure love the video of Hunter. Too cute!!

jayne said...

He is so stinkin cute. Way to enjoy the small moments like that when they are young because they go so fast!

Emily said...

Janae!
Anchorage is about the same as driving from SL to Mesquite, it's not as far but the speed limit is lower and the road is just a 2-way special. This is intriguing to me because my old bishop up here just turned down a job in Anchorage as institute director, I was thinking it might be the same job? Perhaps seminary principal is different then institute director though? Anyhow that would be crazy if it were, they REALLY, really wanted to move down there, and actually accepted the job, but then felt sick about it...so they did the hardest thing ever and un-accepted it! They'll be here in Fairbanks for at least another year and then hopefully will be moving out of AK for good. I wonder...
PS Tell them if they ever want to take a jaunt up to Fairbanks and beyond, they'd be more then welcome to stay with us!

Jann said...

Getting robbed sucks. I'm glad everyone is okay, though.

And Hunter is hilarious. I wish I found bedtime delay tactics cute enough to grab the camera. Maybe I should give that a try.