background

Friday, August 29, 2008

What a.... pretty haircut?

Hunter was in much need of a haircut since he looked more like a sheep dog than a human baby. He would do a weird head shake and blink really fast to get the hair out of his eyes. I just couldn't bring myself to cut it. I have spent many years teasing, spraying, curling, and even perming (junior high was a scary time for hair) my flat lifeless hair. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that one day I would have a child with beautiful blonde curls! This is why I can't bring myself to cut it! The other day Hunter and I went with Craig to wait while Craig got his haircut. The barber was watching my poor child stumble around the waiting room. I always thought Hunter put his hands out to balance himself, now I think maybe he was trying to feel for where he was going. The barber asked if she could give Hunter's bangs a quick trim, she promised not to harm a single curl. This seemed fair. Hunter would be able to see again and still have all of his adorable curls. Only one problem. As Craig and I loaded him in to the car to leave, we busted up laughing. Hunter looks like he is sporting a cutsie bob! My boy looks like a girl! You wish you could look this good Suri Cruise! What do you think?
Before/ After

7 comments:

carolee said...

He does NOT look like a girl!! You are so funny!!

Jann said...

He doesn't look like a girl! He's so cute. I'm jealous that his hair doesn't go in 15 different directions like Mason's.

Emily said...

I wish my hair had that same natural curl, he looks handsome not girlie!

Jenny said...

Awww...it's so cute! I think it's adorable. And he is very much a boy!

Dani Brems said...

Janae, you're hilarious. I couldn't cut those curls either.

PNRBAC said...

First haircut is always a hard one. I've cut Ben's hair 3 times now (he's not even one yet). The first time was hard but after that I just couldn't stand how cute it was and how much better I felt not having to practically bobbypin his hair out of his face. They look like little men! So cute!!

Abby and Eric said...

Janae, Hunter will look cute no matter what. His cute blue eyes and adorable smile will make up for his girl hair cut. Hope all is well, I miss you.

Love Abby